We’re looking for an Associate Director or Research Manager to join our growing team of talented researchers, delivering high-quality insight to organisations such as Heathrow Airport, TSB, Pukka Herbs, Citizens Advice and Defra.
We are Blue Marble, an independent social and market research agency. We’re a small team with big clients – we deliver major studies across the public, private and third sectors. If you join us, you could spend your working days:
- Conducting ethnographic research to explore the lived experiences of financially vulnerable consumers, on behalf of a high street bank
- Using advanced statistical techniques to understand the mindset and behaviours of tea drinkers in Europe and North America
- Delivering presentations to senior decision-makers at blue-chip companies and Government departments, helping them to shape their future strategy.
We’re a team of experienced researchers who use qualitative and quantitative techniques to help our clients successfully navigate complex challenges. Our clients value us for the strategic insight that we deliver – whether on major policy issues, brand strategy or new product development.
We place a premium on work-life balance. We work flexibly and pride ourselves on our warm, friendly working environment. Following the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re trialling being a remote-first business – working from home most of the time and meeting as a team every 6 weeks in the Bath / Bristol area.
We’re growing, and are therefore looking for a strong Research Manager or Associate Director to join our team.
You’ll play a key role at the heart of our exceptional team. You’ll work with a variety of clients and help to deliver research studies across a range of methodologies. Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing large primary research projects (both quantitative and qualitative) – designing studies, conducting fieldwork and ensuring that projects stay on track
- Delivering clear, coherent and accurate analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Creating visually engaging reports and presentations
- Supporting our business development activities by writing proposals and building your network
- Clearly defined path of progression
- Once the Covid-19 pandemic has passed, frequent opportunities to travel for research – primarily within the UK, but also overseas depending on project commitments. At the moment we are conducting primary research remotely using online methods.
We’re looking for someone who is bright and curious, with strong communication skills. You should:
- Have 5+ years’ experience in a market / social research agency
- Have a strong track record of leading qualitative and quantitative research studies – including using depth interviews, focus groups and large-scale surveys
- Have experience of managing the full research cycle – including questionnaire / discussion guide design, budget and timescale management, managing qualitative and quantitative fieldwork, analysis, report writing and presentation to clients
- Have experience of new business activities – including of writing proposals in response to formal and informal briefs
- Have strong organisational and analytical skills
- Be intellectually curious, articulate and creative
- Be a team player
- Like the idea of working for an agency that punches above its weight
As outlined above, we are trialling becoming a remote-first business – working from home most of the time and meeting as a full team every 6 weeks in the Bath / Bristol area. We will also meet face-to-face in the South West on an ad hoc basis, as projects demand – as well as attending client meetings and primary research sessions (e.g. focus groups and depth interviews) in person as necessary.
Negotiable and dependent on experience.